Two quick housekeeping notes before we get to the food today. First, if you use Google Reader to keep up with your favorite blogs, you may be aware that today is its last day. Starting tomorrow you'll no longer be able to receive updates with Google Reader so you'll want to find an alternative asap! I've made the switch to Feedly and like it so far. It's really easy to migrate your feed too - here's a tutorial to help you. Bloglovin' is another option I've heard good things about, but I haven't played around with it much. My friends over at Nosh On It put together a comparison of Feedly and Bloglovin' if you need help deciding.
And if you'd rather not use a reader at all, remember you can always get my new posts delivered straight to your inbox by subscribing here.
Also, if you "like" Tracey's Culinary Adventures on Facebook, there's a good chance you may not be seeing all of my updates. But, with a few simple clicks, you can make sure you won't miss a thing! Just follow these super easy steps as laid out in I Am Baker's tutorial.
Ok, and with all that out of the way, let's talk about the 4th of July. It's one of the holidays I most look forward to every year - grilling, fun in the sun, fireworks and s'mores - what's not to like?! :) I've put together 25 of my favorite recipes for you in case you're still planning the menu for your BBQ or picnic. From burgers to sides, drinks and sweet treats, I hope you'll find something to enjoy!
1. Coffee-Rubbed Cheeseburgers with Texas Barbecue Sauce
2. Bacon Burgers with Bacon Onion Balsamic Jam
3. Spicy Poblano Burgers with Chipotle Cream
4. Homemade Hamburger Rolls
5. Jalapeno Cheddar Rolls
6. Grilled Rosemary Chicken Kebabs with Sweet and Sour Orange Dipping Sauce
7. Grilled Chipotle-Lime Chicken Breasts
8. Grilled Herb Shrimp
9. Low and Slow Baby Back Ribs
Appetizers and Sides
10. Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
11. Roasted Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing and Bacon
12. Summer Corn Chowder
13. Roasted Corn, Black Bean and Mango Salad
14. Sourdough Panzanella with Grilled Chicken
15. Quinoa with Roasted Garlic, Tomatoes, and Spinach
16. Summer Fruit Salad with Mint Sugar
Desserts and Drinks
17. Raspberry Lemonade Bars
18. Peach and Blueberry Crumbles
19. No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares
20. S'mores Cheesecake
21. Blueberry-Streusel Bars with Lemon Cream Filling
22. Fresh Strawberry Pie
23. No-Bake Margarita Cheesecake Freezes
24. Peach Lemonade
25. Raspberry Lime Rickey
A few more last-minute ideas are coming your way this week, so stay tuned! :)
Posted by Tracey Wilhelmsen at 12:30 PM